What is Crystal Reiki?
Crystal reiki may be defined as the use of crystals in combination with the channeling of reiki (healing energies) to stimulate the self-healing mechanisms of the mind, body and spirit. It is not necessary to use crystals in order to give an effective reiki treatment and not all crystal healers are reiki practitioners. The use of crystals is not taught as part of all reiki courses and vice-versa. However, as many people are interested in, and positively affected by, both reiki and crystals, some treatments and courses in crystal reiki have become popular.
History of Crystal Reiki
Crystals are believed to have been used for healing for thousands of years by many ancient cultures. Modern reiki healing dates from the re-discovery of reiki by Mikao Usui in Japan in the 1890s. Since the early 2000s courses in crystal reiki have become available offered by colleges and reiki masters those with special interest in crystals.
Most Powerful Crystals :
- Clear Quartz (Safed sfatik) : Clear quartz, also called rock crystal, is known as a master healer and a stone of great power .
- Ruby (Manikya). The ruby is said to be the most powerful gem in the universe because of its high energy.
- Amethyst (Blue/Violet sfatik) Amethyst is a very powerful stone for master healers and meditators.
- Malachite (Dana firang) : removes all negatives of a person or from houses also.
- Aventurine ( Green sfatik) : Green Aventurine is a great piece to use when working with the Heart Chakra.
- Citrine (yellow sfatik, Peeli Ratna, sunaila) : used in Solar Plexus and Navel Chakras Chakra Healing and Balancing Energy. Natural Citrine's radiant yellow and gold energy activates, opens, and energizes the Solar Plexus and Navel Chakras.
- Kunzite : Kunzite is the pink to light purple gem variety of the mineral used for healing love & emotional relations.